As a member of the multidisciplinary team, the Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner assures that the highest quality services are provided to patients and their families.
- Evaluates and manages new and existing patients with acute, chronic complaints and health maintenance concerns
- Obtains complete histories and performs pertinent physical / mental health examinations including assessment of normal and abnormal findings on new and returning patients
- Provides and coordinates patient teaching and counseling
- Additional responsibilities as determined by the medical director*
*This position does not include on-call commitment or any unusual interventions outside what is usual and customary within the context of an outpatient clinic. After-hour and weekend shifts are not required but optional.
- Completion of a Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner program (PMHNP)
- ANCC Accreditation (PMHNP-BC)
- An individual Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA) license issued by the United States DEA for Schedule II-V controlled substances
- No disciplinary actions of any kind
- No past or pending malpractice lawsuits
- Membership or fellowship in any local, county, state, regional, national, or international professional organization has never been revoked, denied, reduced, limited, subjected to probationary conditions, or not renewed, or have any such action pending.
*** Flexible Hours *** Salary DOE *** Relocation Welcome *** New Grads Welcome